How to Register with Yoga Alliance After You Graduate from Your Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Alliance is an international institution that regulates Yoga schools and yoga teacher certifications. It is important to know that they have a widely recognized accreditation system but not all the yoga teachers are registered with the Yoga Alliance. Some countries are now coming up with their own accreditation systems and also some yoga communities does not agree with Yoga Alliance’s system. Still, especially for a new yoga teacher Yoga Alliance registration might make thigs way easier.
To be able to register with Yoga Allience as a yoga teacher you first need to do your Yoga Teacher Training with a registered yoga school. You may access the list of registered yoga schools from here: https://www.yogaalliance.org/Directory?Type=School. You can only register with Yoga Allience after your graduation. And the registration process s quite easy.
Here is step by step guide to registering with Yoga Allience:
- Go to the https://www.yogaalliance.org/
- Click on the “Join” at the top right corner of the page
- Fill in the form and make sure that you accept the terms and conditions by clicking the box next to it.
- And click on create an account bottom at the bottom of the page.
- The web page will ask you if you would like to create Account recovery information. It is always a good idea to do that in case you forget your password. If you choose to do that follow the steps. You may also choose to skip this step.
- After you are done go to your basic Dashboard by clicking the link at the top of the page.
- To register Yoga Alliance will ask you the title you want to register with. Choose teacher.
- Then you will be required to select a designation. If you have just completed your 200hrs teacher training, choose RYT200. If you have completed both 200hrs and 300hrs trainings, choose RYT500.
- You will be directed to a screen where you will be able to register your training, pay for your registration and give a review for your teacher training school. As you can see from below the registration cost for RYT is 115USD. After initial registration Yoga Alliance will request annual payments around 50USD. 155USD includes your initial registration fee and a yearly membership fee.
- To register as RYT500 you will need 500hrs of training (500hrs or 200hrs+300hrs), and 100 hrs of teaching experience. To put in your teaching experience, you wont need any confirmation. The teaching experience might include any hours of yoga instruction form private to studio.
- The first step is to add the training program. After you submit the information and the scan (or a clear photo) of your teacher training, Yoga Alliance will confirm your training with your teacher training school and make sure that you have completed all the requirements. So no need to rush and pay the registration cost right now. Best, wait until you get the email from Yoga Alliance telling you that your training is confirmed.
- Adding the training program is a three-step process. In the first step you will simply put in details of your training.
- As soon as you put in the details of your training you will be directed to the next step where you will be upload the image of your certificate to the website.
- After this step you will wait for you yoga school to confirm your training. When it is done your will get a confirmation email.
- When your training is confirmed the last step is to pay the registration fee and you will be added to the directory of registered teachers.
As you can see the process is quite straight forward and actually Yoga Alliance webpage directs you in a pretty user-friendly way. You also don’t need to worry about remembering when to pay the membership fee. Yoga Alliance will remind you through email.
After your registration you will have a personal page in Yoga Alliance website. Make sure that you create page that presents you well as a yoga teacher. Possible employees or students might be checking your profile page out.