Yoga meets Food in a dynamic interplay of creativity, flexibility, stamina, vitality and balance. Cultivating these qualities from the inside out can be achieved on your mat and in your kitchen. Bringing the two together is a perfect marriage where one compliments and supports the other, allowing you the flexibility, balance and freedom to fulfill your highest potential.
Aine McAteer, a native of Ireland has spent the last 35 years traveling the world in a quest to learn from leading teachers about the impact of food on health. She has had an illustrious career in the Hollywood movie world as a personal chef for A list actors, including Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, Robert Redford, Pierce Brosnan, John Cusack, Marisa Tomei, Carrie Anne Moss and others. Aine is a published and award winning cookbook author, and has been featured on television and in newspapers and magazines worldwide.
When in Bali, Aine shares her wisdom with us in a series of cooking workshops at Taksu Spa in Ubud. They are educational, fun and a delight for your senses.
In Yoga of Food you will learn:
Basic Macrobiotic principles that will guide you in achieving balance
- How to determine your Ayurvedic Prakriti and eat to support your personal constitution and condition.
- The Five Phases of Food – using the Chinese Five Element system to determine your strengths and weaknesses and achieve balance.
- Dealing with food cravings and understanding what your body is telling you when you’re craving certain foods or tastes.
- Understanding your personal dietary needs, whether raw foods, detoxifying or fortifying foods.
- How to access your inner “masterchef” and achieve culinary greatness.
- A creative and dynamic approach to creating recipes that not only taste delicious but leave you feeling nourished and balanced.
- A broad range of dishes, both raw and cooked, created using natures abundance of whole grains, vegetables, sea vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds.
- How to set up and stock a whole foods kitchen.
During the course we will create an ebook that you will take with you and you will receive a certificate of completion from Aine. Contact us directly to find when Aine will next join us in Ubud.
Shades of Yoga is a yoga teacher training company running year-round yoga teacher training courses in Bali and Costa Rica. Details here.